Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT SCHEMES
235. Collective investment schemes.
236. Open-ended investment companies.
237. Other definitions.
RESTRICTIONS ON PROMOTION
238. Restrictions on promotion.
239. Single property schemes.
240. Restriction on approval of promotion.
241. Actions for damages.
AUTHORISED UNIT TRUST SCHEMES
Applications for authorisation
242. Applications for authorisation of unit trust schemes.
243. Authorisation orders.
244. Determination of applications.
245. Procedure when refusing an application.
247. Trust scheme rules.
248. Scheme particulars rules.
249. Disqualification of auditor for breach of trust scheme rules.
250. Modification or waiver of rules.
251. Alteration of schemes and changes of manager or trustee.
252. Procedure when refusing approval of change of manager or trustee.
253. Avoidance of exclusion clauses.
Ending of authorisation
254. Revocation of authorisation order otherwise than by consent.
256. Requests for revocation of authorisation order.
Powers of intervention
258. Applications to the court.
259. Procedure on giving directions under section 257 and varying them on Authority’s own initiative.
260. Procedure: refusal to revoke or vary direction.
261. Procedure: revocation of direction and grant of request for variation.
OPEN-ENDED INVESTMENT COMPANIES
262. Open-ended investment companies.
263. Amendment of section 716 Companies Act 1985.
RECOGNISED OVERSEAS SCHEMES
Schemes constituted in other EEA States
264. Schemes constituted in other EEA States.
265. Representations and references to the Tribunal.
266. Disapplication of rules.
267. Power of Authority to suspend promotion of scheme.
268. Procedure on giving directions under section 267 and varying them on Authority’s own initiative.
269. Procedure on application for variation or revocation of direction.
Schemes authorised in designated countries or territories
270. Schemes authorised in designated countries or territories.
Individually recognised overseas schemes
272. Individually recognised overseas schemes.
273. Matters that may be taken into account.
274. Applications for recognition of individual schemes.
275. Determination of applications.
276. Procedure when refusing an application.
277. Alteration of schemes and changes of operator, trustee or depositary.
Schemes recognised under sections 270 and 272
278. Rules as to scheme particulars.
279. Revocation of recognition.
282. Procedure on giving directions under section 281 and varying them otherwise than as requested.
Facilities and information in UK
283. Facilities and information in UK.
284. Power to investigate.